JDW Truck Insurance has a network of UIIA Insurance Companies to help you meet the UIIA Insurance Requirements. Our UIIA insurance agent can help you find affordable insurance rates with the correct coverage. We offer federal and UIIA filings. Another very important point is to confirm your agent has access and the experience to log into the UIIA site to update your information. We have the know how at JDW Truck Insurance.
UIIA Insurance Companies
Intermodal UIIA Truck Insurance
UIIA Insurance Requirements and Coverage Options
Our Transporation Risk Specialists (TRS) are well versed in the insurance and filing requirements set forth by the UIIA. We will help you get your insurance in place and help you with your filings so you can start and/or continue to pull loads for the UIIA.
- A commercial auto liability policy with a combined single limit (CSL) of $1 million.
- Auto policy must be marked as either an "Any Auto," "Scheduled and Hired" or "All Owned and Hired" policy. An "All Owned" or "Scheduled Only" auto policy is not acceptable.
- If a Motor Carrier company is self-insured, please have them contact the UIIA office to obtain details of what information is required.
- All UIIA EPs that your insured does business with are required to be listed as additional insured on auto liability.
- A commercial general liability policy with a limit of $1 million per occurrence of which no portion can be self-insured.
- See list of EPs in UIIA Requirements for General Liability that require to be listed as additional insured on this policy.
- Trailer Interchange insurance covers the physical damage to the non-owned equipment while in the Motor Carrier’s care, custody and/or control. It must cover comprehensive and collision as well as fire and theft.
- Most UIIA EPs require some type of trailer interchange coverage. The limits and deductibles allow vary by EP. (See EP Rules Form 5B for specific limit requirements.)
- CLICK HERE for specific instructions relating to trailer interchange coverage required by some UIIA Equipment Providers.
- Some UIIA EPs require Workers Compensation with statutory limits. In addition, some UIIA EPs also require Employer’s Liability coverage as well. See EP Rules Form 5B for specific requirements.
- CLICK HERE for specific instructions relating to workers compensation and employer's liability coverage required by some UIIA Equipment Providers.
- This is a hold harmless endorsement that must be made part of the auto liability policy.
- Any one of the below endorsements is acceptable, but the most current version must be used.
- On the ACORD 22 certificate of insurance, the agent must check the box next to the language under the description of operations confirming this endorsement is part of the auto policy.
- All applicable exclusionary endorsements that result in limiting or restricting the policies being provided should be included and noted on the ACORD 101 form when the certificate of insurance is submitted.
- Section F.6. of the UIIA requires that the Motor Carrier’s insurance policies provide a thirty (30) day advance notice of any cancellation of the policy unless the cancellation is a result of non-payment, in which ten (10) days notification is required. This is a contractual obligation of your insured as a signatory to the UIIA, so insurance information provided to the UIIA must be endorsed to provide such coverage.
- Only ONE certificate of insurance with the information listed above needs to be submitted to the UIIA online. The certificate holder will be listed as:
- We DO NOT need separate certificates to be submitted for each Equipment Provider.
The UIIA system is setup to expire insurance policies at 12:01 a.m. of the day of the expiration date which often causes confusion with the Motor Carriers thinking they have coverage until 11:59 p.m. on the expiration date, but in fact the policy expires on the first minute of that day. Therefore, Motor Carriers need to have their insurance agent update their insurance renewals on our website prior to the expiration date.
Acuity UIIA Intermodal Truck Insurance AIG UIIA Intermodal Truck Insurance Auto Owners UIIA Intermodal Truck Insurance Northland UIIA Intermodal Truck Insurance Nationwide UIIA Intermodal Truck Insurance Scottsdale UIIA Intermodal Truck Insurance Trisura UIIA Intermodal Truck Insurance Canal UIIA Intermodal Truck Insurance TUMI UIIA Intermodal Truck Insurance IAT UIIA Intermodal Truck Insurance Carolina Casualty UIIA Intermodal Truck Insurance Contact JDW Truck Insurance for Intermodal Insurance Quotes
UIIA Ports – UIIA Terminals
- APM Terminals
- Barbours Cut - Houston
- Bayport - Houston
- Ceres Terminals
- Florida International Terminal
- Global Terminal
- International Transportation Services (ITS)
- Maher Terminal
- Oakland 57 & 58
- Pacific Container Terminal
- Pomtoc - Miami
- Port Everglades
- Port Newark Container Terminal
- Seattle T-18
- Terminal A - Long Beach
- Trapac Terminals
- TTI Long Beach
- Virginia International Terminal
- West Basin Container Terminal (WBCT)
- Yusen Terminals - Long Beach
- California Air Resources Board (CARB)
- Federal Highway Safety Administration
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA)
- Locate Government Office in Your County
- U.S. Customs & Border Protection Service
- U.S. Department of Transportation
- U.S. DOT Safety & Fitness Electronic Records (SAFER) System